Selected Publications from our Laboratory
- Audhya T, Pall ML, Green JA. A study of sauna therapy in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients shows sauna action via raised tetrahydrobiopterin and confirms three predictions of the NO/ONOO-Cycle. Townsend Letter (Nov), 364:60-64, 2013.
- McGinnis WR, Audhya T, Edelson SM. Proposed toxic and hypoxic impairment of a brainstem locus in Autism. Intl J Environmental Research and Public Health, 10(12):6955-7000, 2013.
- Adams JB, Audhya T, McDonough-Means et al. Toxicological status of children with autism vs. neurotypical children and the association with autism severity. Biological Trace Element Research, 151(2):171-80, 2013.
- Bradstreet JJ, Vogelaar E, Thyer L. Initial observations on elevated alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase activity associated with Autism and observed reductions from GC protein-macrophage activating factor injections. Autism Insights, 4:31-38, 2012.
- Audhya T, Adams JB, Johansen L. Correlation of serotonin levels in CSF, platelets, plasma, and urine. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1820:1496-501, 2012.
- Kern JK, Geier DA, Audhya T et al. Evidence of parallels between mercury intoxication and the brain pathology in autism. Acta Neurobiologiae Experimentalis, 72(2):113-152, 2012.
- Chauhan A, Audhya T, Chauhan V. Brain region-specific glutathione redox imbalance in autism. Neurochemical Research, 37(8):1681-9, 2012.
- Bradstreet JJ, Vogelaar E, Thyer L. Initial observations of elevated alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase activity associated with autism and observed reductions from GC protein-macrophage activating factor injections. Autism Insights, 4:31-38, 2012.
- Adams J, Audhya T, McDonough. Effect of a vitamin/mineral supplement on children and adults with autism. BMC Pediatrics, 11:111, 2011.
- Adams J, Audhya T, McDonough. Nutritional and metabolic status of children with autism vs. neurotypical children and the asociation with autism severity. Nutrition and Metabolism, 8:34, 2011.
- Freedenfeld S et al. Biochemical effects of ribose and NADH therapy in children with autism. Autism Insights, 3:3-13, 2011.
- Kern JK, Geier DA, Adams JB et al. A clinical trial of glutathione supplementation in autism spectrum disorders. Medical Science Monitor, 17:CR677-682, 2011.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Griesel S et al. Are metal-induced hypersensitivities in harbor seals associated with liver function? Marine Pollution Bulletin, 62:1891-1894, 2011.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Griesel S et al. First health and pollution study on harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) living in the German Elbe estuary.Marine Pollution Bulletin, 60:2079-2086, 2010.
- Muris J, Kleverlaan CJ, Feilzer AJ, Valentine-Thon E. Reactivity to sodium tetrachloropalladate (Na2PdCl4) compared to PdCl2 and NiCl2 in lymphocyte proliferation tests. Allergy, 64:1152-1156, 2009.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Fonfara S et al. Effects of methyl-, phenyl-, ethylmercury and mercurychloride on immune cells in harbor seals. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 21:1716-1721, 2009.
- Pigatto PD, Feilzer AJ, Valentine-Thon E et al. Burning mouth syndrome associated with palladium allergy. European Journal of Dermatology, 18:356-357, 2008.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Griesel S et al. Blood metal levels and metal-induced immune functions of harbour seals in captivity. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 56:764-769, 2008.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Fonfara S et al. Metal-induced impairment of the cellular immunity of newborn harbor seals (Phoca vitulina). Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 55:129-136, 2008.
- Müller KE, Valentine-Thon E. Hypersensitivity to titanium: Clinical and laboratory evidence. Neuroendocrinology Letters, 27(Suppl 1):31–35, 2006.
- Feilzer A, Muris J, Valentine-Thon E. Electrical shavers as possible risk factor for metal exposure. Archives of Dermatology, 142:1361-1362, 2006.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Fonfara S et al. Metal sensitivity of marine mammals: a case study of a grey seal (Halichoerus grypus). Marine Mammal Science, 22:985-996, 2006.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Fonfara S. The immunological impact of metals in harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) of the North Sea. Environmental Science and Technology, 39:7568-7575, 2005.